- Associate Professor, Gillon Chair in Political Science, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2017.
Senior Lecturer with Tenure (U.S. Associate Professor), Department of Political Science, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2015-2017.
Lecturer (U.S. Assistant Professor), Department of Political Science, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2011-2015.
- 2007 – 2010: PhD, Political Science, Stony Brook University
Dissertation (Best Dissertation Award Winner): “The Moral Public: Moral Judgment and Political Attitudes” (advisor: Stanley Feldman)
- 2005 – 2007: MA, Political Science, Stony Brook University
Examination Fields: Political Psychology (major, with distinction), Quantitative Methods (major), Political Economy (minor).
- 2002 – 2005: MA, Political Science, Summa Cum Laude, Tel Aviv University (advisor: Michal Shamir).
Thesis: Survey Framing in the Press and its Influence on Media Consumers.
- 1995-1998: BA, Psychology and Political Science, Tel Aviv University
Political Psychology (Religiosity, Morality, Values); Comparative Political Behavior (Religion, Corruption, Democratization); Political Methodology (Experiments, MLE, Measurement).
- 2017 – Current: Board of Driectors, The Israel Political Science Association (ISPSA)
- 2016 – Current: Associate Editor, Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Politics & Religion
- 2015 – Current: The Institute for Israel Studies, University of Texas Austin, Advisory Board Member
- 2017: Section head for “Political Culture, Identity, and Language,” Annual Meeting of the International Society of Political Psychology (ISPP), Edinburgh, Scotland.
- 2015: Program Committee Member, Workshop on Political Psychology Perspectives on Participation and Protest in the Middle East, sponsored by International Society of Political Psychology (ISPP), Yasar University, Turkey.
- 2013: Co-Program Chair and Organizing Committee Member, 2013 Annual Meeting of the International Society of Political Psychology (ISPP).
Commissions of Trust
- 2018: Member, Noel Markwell Media Award Committee, International Society of Political Psychology (ISPP)
- 2017: Member, Best Paper Award Committee, American Political Science Association (APSA), Religion and Politics Section
- 2016: Chair, Best Thesis Award Committee, Israeli Political Science Association (ISPSA)
- 2016: Halbert Canadian Studies lectures, hosting “The 2015 Canadian Federal Election Politics”
- 2014: Member, Israeli Science Foundation (ISF) Grants Committee, Political Science and International Relations
- 2014: Member, Best Book Award Committee, International Society of Political Psychology (ISPP)
- 2013: Member, Best Dissertation Award Committee, International Society of Political Psychology (ISPP)
- 2013: Member, Travelling Grants Committee Member, International Society of Political Psychology (ISPP)
- 2017-Current: Chair, Departmental Scholarship Committee
- 2017-Current: Head of the Political Psychology Program
- 2017-Current: Member, European Forum Search Committee
- 2016-Current: Member of the HU International Program for Community Development Studies (Glocal)
- 2016-2017: Member, PPE (Philosophy, Politics and Economics) Search Committee
- 2016: Member of the HU International Program for Community Development Studies (Glocal)
- 2015-2017: Member, Departmental Scholarship Committee
- 2014-2017: Undergraduate Student Advisor
- 2014-2017: Member, Departmental Teaching Committee
- 2012-2017: Member, Departmental Ethical Review Committee (IRB)
- 2012-2015: Member, Departmental Search Committee
- 2013-2014: Member, Content-Based Recruitment Goals Committee
- 2012-2013: Graduate school (TELEM) campaigning and pamphlet organization
- 2011-2013: Establishment of the Political Psychology Experimental Lab.
- The Levi Eshkol Center for Social, Economic, and Political Research, 2017-2018, 3300$ (with Haggai Elkayam).
- The Leonard Davis Institute for International Relations, 2016-2017, 15,000$ (with Daphna Canetti and Shani Fachter).
- Israeli Science Foundation (ISF), 2013-2016, 426,000 NIS (120,000$~).
- Marie Curie Reintegration Grant (CIG), European Commission, 2011-2015, 100,000 €.
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Doctoral Dissertation Grant, Division of Social and Economic Sciences, 2009-2010, $12,000.
- Outstanding Lecturer Award, Social Science Faculty, Hebrew University, 2012; 2013; 2014; 2015; 2016.
- Carmi Gillon Lectureship.
- Best Dissertation Award, International Society of Political Psychology (ISPP), 2011.
- Best Dissertation Award, Israeli Political Science Association (ISPSA), 2012.
- Golda Meir Fellow, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 2012.
- “VATAT” Post Doctorate Scholarship, Tel Aviv University, 2010-2011.
- Milton Lodge Award, for “Academic Merit and Outstanding Research Potential,” Stony Brook University, 2009.
- Graduate Student Teaching Award, Stony Brook University, 2010.
- Presidential Fellowship, Stony Brook University, 2005-2008 (7500$).
Professional Visibility and Service
Referee for (selected)
American Political Science Review; American Journal of Political Science; Journal of Politics; British Journal of Political Science; European Journal of Political Research; European Journal of Political Science; Political Psychology; Political Behavior; Political Studies; Comparative Political Studies; American Politics Research; Political Research Quarterly; Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion; Religion and Politics; International Journal of Psychology; Social Psychological and Personality Science; International Political Science Review; Ethnic and Racial Studies; Communication Research.
Israeli Science Foundation (ISF); Time-Sharing Experiments for the Social Sciences (TESS); Binational Science Foundation (BSF).
Invited talks (selected)
The Paris Political Psychology Meeting, Paris, France; Yasar University, Turkey, Department of International Relations; Ben Gurion University, Department of Sociology; Harvard-IDC Symposium, Political Psychology and Decision Making; Haifa University, Division of Government and Political Theory; Merced University, California, Department of Political Science; Tel Aviv University, Department of Political Science; Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Political Science; Bar Ilan University, Department of Political Science; IDC Herzelia, School of Government, Diplomacy and Strategy.
Major conferences (selected)
Presentations: APSA 2015, 2012, 2009, 2008, 2007; MPSA 2016, 2015, 2013, 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007; ISPP 2017, 2016, 2014, 2013, 2011, 2009, 2008, 2006; IPSA 2012; ISPSA 2013, 2012, 2011; ILSA 2012.
Panel discussant and chair: APSA 2012, 2009; MPSA 2013, 2012, 2009; ISPP 2016, 2014, 2013, 2011, 2009, 2008; IPSA 2012.
Supervision of Graduate Students
PhD: Haggai Elkayam (Recipient of the Eshkol Grant, the Glick Prize, the Eilat Prize, the Gillon Prize; ongoing); Ori Barzel (ongoing); Shani Fachter (Recipient of the Davis Grant; with Daphna Canetti, ongoing); Amnon Sophrin (with Alex Mintz, ongoing).
MA: Gilad Beery (Recipient of the Eilat Prize); Naama Shoham (Recipient of the Gillon Prize); Jonathan Winter (Recipient of the Annenberg foundation scholarship; ongoing).
Primary Faculty Instructor
Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Graduate: Research Methods for the Thesis Track; Research Methods for Development Studies (Glocal); The Psychology of Morality and Politics; Issues in Political Psychology; Experimental Field Work.
Undergraduate: Introduction to Political Psychology; The Political Psychology of Religion and Morality; Field work: Experiments in Political Behavior.
Stony Brook University
Graduate: Data Analysis I (PhD); Intermediate Statistics for Public Policy (MA in Public Policy).
Undergraduate: Political Psychology; Directed Research.
Literary Publications – Novels
- Lililand (Ishah Be-midot Tovot). (2010). Kinneret, Zmora-Bitan (Hebrew).
- The 1001st Year (Ha-hayal Mispar 2). (2016). Yedioth (Hebrew). With Gadi Bloom.